Here is my new little beauty, my first proper BJD! She is a resin, MSD size dolly with double joints (which I'm liking a lot).
Before she even arrived I started making a wig for her, so that she wouldn't be completely naked for so long. It came out quite well, I followed the same method as detailed in my post from April this year, with a slight difference. On my Hujoo Berry's wig I was using Alpaca wool fibre for the hair, whereas this time I decided to try synthetic Kanekalon hair used by hairdressers for wigs and hair pieces.
As well as preparing the strips of hair by gluing the ends, this time I glued them onto strips of very thin vilene and I also sewed across them once dried for extra hold.
I then sewed these strips to the wig cap as below:
So as you can sort of see I started at the bottom on the back of the wig cap and worked my way up and around the head, sewing each of the strips of hair to the cap.
I did take quite a bit longer of course than gluing them, but with a much more secure hold, and it also looks better and more neat.
|Kimi is deep in thought about what she is going to wear!|
And I shall also introduce her to her new little cheeky goblin friend, as he knows his way around any magical forest!
|Looking thoughtful by the seaside ^^|