Saturday, 10 December 2011

Leafy green jacket (well, beginnings of!)

I've started working on Evie's (=DollZone Kimi) jacket first of all because I have a clear idea of how I want it to look and then I'll be developing the rest of the outfit around that. Might be a bit of a backwards way of doing it, but in a way I quite enjoy the experimental aspect of doing it this way rather than just replicating a fixed design idea. 

The plan is to make a jacket with tails that has varied stripes of green to make it look quite leafy.

So, I'm using this pattern cutting book which I got ages ago and I converted all the sizing down to fit this MSD size dolly. Scaling down from size 12 measurements by dividing them all by a scale factor of 5 seems to have done the trick to fit her. 

I then cut a toile out of thin vilene and sewed in all the darts according to the pattern.



And these are some of the fabrics I'll be using, and here's a rough idea of what the leafy 'tails' will hopefully look like: 


Just testing out the fabrics here, will probably be using the top selection for the jacket. I think the pale green in the bottom pic is a bit too garish for that part of the outfit.


Well, I'd better get busy sewing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment